The chocolate cookies and cream filling of this recipe really blended well with the bread, making it a delicious snack to serve during your merienda time! But of course though it’s very enjoyable to eat always be reminded of the little note below regarding food consumption.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup of warm water
For the filling:
- Just mix: 6 pieces of crushed cookies and cream biscuits, 1/2 cup all-purpose cream or heavy cream and 1/4 cup condensed milk.
- Put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, brown sugar, yeast, powdered milk) and then add the wet ingredients (vegetable oil, egg yolk and warm water).
- Combine them altogether until you already formed the desired dough.
- Let it rest for 1 hour, after that the dough will increase in size.
- Gently punch it using your fist to remove the accumulated air on it.
- Divide the dough into six pieces, flatten each dough then add up to 2 tbsp of the chocolate cookies and cream filling.
- Carefully hold each sides of the dough to meet at the center, then form it into a ball shape, do it for the rest of the dough pieces.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150’c.
- Put the stuffed dough pieces into your preferred baking pan.
- Let it rest again for 20 minutes
- Then bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 150’c.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe, if you’re new to our blog here’s a video-slide presenting a small summary of what it’s all about. It’s a pleasure to connect and share something with you 💞