Adobo is a popular Filipino dish and one of the most likable recipes at home. The chicken meat and the chicken liver were soaked in soy sauce, vinegar and other spices to make it tasty and savory before cooking. It’s a flavorful dish with a mildly sweet, and delicious taste. The addition of vinegar helps to break down the fibers in the chicken, making it tender. The brown sugar balances the taste of the vinegar and the soy sauce. This recipe is rich in protein, iron, B-vitamins etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/2 kg chicken meat
- 1/4 kg chicken liver
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a large bowl, put the chicken meat and chicken liver then add garlic, onion, soy sauce, white vinegar, seasoning mix, black pepper and brown sugar.
- Marinate for one hour, cover the bowl.
- After one hour, you are now ready to cook it.
- In a medium heat using a frying pan add vegetable oil and sauté garlic to add aroma in your dish.
- Add the chicken meat and the liver and stir for a few minutes.
- Gently pour the marinade used and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover and let boil for 20 minutes.
- After that remove the cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE