This is a calming sour soup recipe that you can do with galunggong (also known as the blue mackerel scad, round scad or short fin scad). Usually pan-fried is the simplest and easiest way of cooking this, simply sprinkle salt before cooking, but it also has a potential with soup recipes, specially the sour one. Kamias (bilimbi fruit) a naturally sour fruit was used in this recipe, together with tomato slices and spring onion really made this soup flavorful. This recipe is rich in B vitamins, vitamin C, protein, calcium, fiber etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 3 pieces of galunggong (blue mackerel scad) slice into 2 pieces each
- 3 pieces bilimbi fruit (slice diagonally)
- 1 large tomato
- Spring onions
- 1/2 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce (patis)
- 2 cups of water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add a small amount of vegetable oil just to sauté the garlic.
- Then add the tomato slices, water, seasoning mix, iodized salt, fish sauce (patis), black pepper and the bilimbi slices, then stir.
- Allow it to boil for 2 minutes, then add the fish slices.
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple and easy to make recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE