Bilimbi sour soup fish recipe
This is a calming sour soup recipe that you can do with galunggong (also known as the blue mackerel scad, round scad, or shortfin scad). Usually pan-fried is the simplest and easiest way of cooking this, simply sprinkle salt before cooking, but it also has potential with soup recipes, especially sour ones. Kamias (bilimbi fruit) a naturally sour fruit was used in this recipe, together with tomato slices and spring onion made this soup flavorful. This recipe is rich in B vitamins, vitamin C, protein, calcium, fiber, etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good for our health and can bring negative results or bad effects on our bodies. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 3 pieces of galunggong (blue mackerel scad) slice into 2 pieces each
- 3 pieces bilimbi fruit (slice diagonally)
- 1 large tomato
- Spring onions
- 1/2 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce (patis)
- 2 cups of water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add a small amount of vegetable oil just to sauté the garlic.
- Then add the tomato slices, water, seasoning mix, iodized salt, fish sauce (patis), black pepper and the bilimbi slices, then stir.
- Allow it to boil for 2 minutes, then add the fish slices.
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient alternatives.