Bilimbi fruit is a small, green and has a sour taste, relatively compared to the taste of calamansi (lime). The bilimbi tree can reach a height of 5 to 10 meters. It has a short trunk and the leaves measures 3 to 6 cm long. The fruit is extensively used in soups, juice, sauces, pickles and curries. Here in our country we call it kamias.
According to our health food source the following are the essential health benefits of bilimbi:
- The bilimbi fruit can help relieve coughs
- Can help fight high cholesterol levels
- The fruit can also control internal bleeding of the stomach
- The syrup made from bilimbi can cure fever and inflammation.
- The leaves are used as treatment for venereal diseases.
- The leaf decoction is taken as herbal medicine to relieve rectal inflammation, as laxative, to stop rectal bleeding and alleviate internal hemorrhoids.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
Recipe that you can try:
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like the simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE