Health benefits of bilimbi fruit or kamias and a must try-recipe
Bilimbi fruit is a small, green and has a sour taste, relatively compared to the taste of calamansi (lime). The bilimbi tree can reach a height of 5 to 10 meters. It has a short trunk and the leaves measures 3 to 6 cm long.
The fruit serves as an ingredient to soups, juice, sauces, pickles and curries. Here in our country, we call it kamias.
According to our health food source, the following are the essential health benefits of bilimbi:
- The bilimbi fruit can help relieve coughs
- Can help fight high cholesterol levels
- The fruit can also control internal bleeding of the stomach
- The syrup made from bilimbi can cure fever and inflammation.
- The leaves can be used as treatment for venereal diseases.
- The leaf decoction serves as herbal medicine to relieve rectal inflammation, as laxative, to stop rectal bleeding and alleviate internal hemorrhoids.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
Recipe that you can try:
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
MJMCM, RN, MANc