Pinakbet, stewed vegetables
Pinakbet is a savory Filipino vegetable stew and is very popular from the Ilocos region and nearby provinces (Northern part of the Philippines). It is composed of a variety of fresh vegetables, and it also has a protein component, meat or fried fish strips can be added to make it more delicious and balanced, it was also added with fish or shrimp sauce to enhance the taste.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- Pre-cut mixed vegetables: eggplant, okra, tomato, bitter gourd (ampalaya), squash, string beans
- 1/4 kg pork meat slices
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- Vegetable oil
- 3 cups of water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add vegetable oil and sauté garlic and onion, then add the pork meat slices. Stir until a bit browned and aromatic.
- Add 3 cups of water, seasoning mix, iodized salt, and black pepper. Boil for 25 minutes
- After that add the mixed vegetables and the fish sauce (patis).
- Cook for another 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE