Bread pudding is a kind of sweet dessert. It was made with bread, milk, sugar, eggs, a form of fat such as oil or butter and some preferred additional ingredients or toppings such as nuts, raisins, chocolate chips etc. It’s an easy-to-make comfort food and a practical way to use up breads that are nearing their expiration dates. This recipe is soft, creamy and delicious, a perfect dessert to suit your sweet cravings!
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 5 cups bread slices
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- 2 whisked eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup crushed cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a large bowl, soak the bread slices in evaporated milk for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160’c. Add the other ingredients to the soaked bread, (evaporated milk, whisked eggs, brown sugar, raisins, ground cashew nuts, melted butter, and vanilla).
- Mix well using a hand whisker.
- Transfer it to a slightly greased loaf baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes at 160’c.
- Wait for it to cool down before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite drink!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE