Essential health benefits of bananas and must-try recipes
Bananas are very popular fresh fruits in the world, and are regarded as athletics’ favorites due to its energy boosting capability.
Considered as perennial fruits because they are grown throughout the year and are easy to cultivate.
Health benefits of bananas according to our health food source:
- Caloric dense fruit, energy giving food.
- A good source of potassium and magnesium which helps in maintaining normal blood pressure and heart health.
- Can promote bone health due to high potassium content.
- Have an antacid effect that can protect against stomach ulcers.
- Helps to counteract the urinary calcium loss.
- It can help protect our gut from harmful bacteria that causes gastric disturbances.
- Rich in soluble fiber pectin, which assists healthy digestion and helps to ease constipation.
- During diarrhea episodes, eating a banana can help to restore the lost potassium.
- Contains short chain fatty acids, which can help improve the nutrient absorption of the intestinal tract.
- Have a compound called tryptophan which helps to improve mood.
- A good source of carotenoids (antioxidants).
- Its simple sugars provide energy and can help to normalize blood sugar levels.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
Bananas are not just good to eat on its own, but also an excellent ingredient to baked goods like quick breads!
Must try recipes:
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…