Essential health benefits of cabbage and must-try recipes
One of the most common type of cabbage is the smooth-leafed, green and firm headed. It can be used in culinary by cooking or in making raw dishes.
Some common methods of cooking cabbage are sauté, soup, stews, steamed, stir-fried, salad, coleslaw, it can be included in sandwiches, also can use as food wrapper for other foods.
Below are the essential health benefits of cabbage according to our health food source:
- Good source of beta-carotene, which is good for the eyes.
- Helps prevent the growth of certain types of cancers.
- It contains high levels of vitamin C, which helps the body in fighting free radicals, thus strengthening the body’s immunity.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, which relieves muscle soreness, giving relief when suffering from inflammation.
- Helps to achieve beautiful and healthy skin, the free radical fighting property is responsible to protect the skin from damage that can make the skin age.
- It is rich in fiber, which can help to relieve constipation.
- Lastly, it can help to treat stomach ulcers, a study revealed that the juice derived from cabbage is one of the most effective natural remedies for people suffering from peptic ulcers.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
Below are recipes that you can try with cabbage:
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
16 thoughts on “Essential health benefits of cabbage and must-try recipes”
I love cabbage a lot. Almost daily i can eat them..Thanks for the easy recipes.
Wow that’s great! It’s a wonderful veggie that we must include in our diet📝
Thank you for dropping by 💞
Have a nice day 🌟
Cabbage is so underrated and simple to include in the diet.
Yes sometimes it’s unnoticeable, until we’ve learned its value. This is a good veggie that we must include in our diet also.
Thank you so much for dropping by💞
Have a nice day 🌟
Wow. I’ll ask my wife to cook this!
Thanks for dropping by!
God bless, have a great day ahead 🌞
[…] Essential health benefits of cabbage and must-try recipes […]
Thanks for reblogging this post 💞
Such an interesting post – and beautiful pictures too; I do love cabbage!!
Wow! Good to know that you love cabbage 🥰
Thank you so much for visiting this post and for the appreciation Ms Emma 💞
Lovely to see your blog! And yes, I just love cabbage; every type! :-0
Thank you so much💞
Cabbage is my most favorite veggie. I usually cook it with green bell peppers and beef bacon. Or I will make cabbage soup similar to how you make it here. Thanks for the post.
Wow! good to here that you also love cabbage💞
Beef bacon and cabbage sounds delicious too🌟💞
oh yes the beef bacon gives it a most delicious flavoring.
Thank you also for sharing that recipe idea 🌟💞🌟