One of the most common type of cabbage is the smooth-leafed, green and firm headed. It can be used in culinary by cooking or in making raw dishes.
Some common methods of cooking cabbage are sauté, soup, stews, steamed, stir-fried, salad, coleslaw, it can be included in sandwiches, also can use as food wrapper for other foods.
Below are the essential health benefits of cabbage according to our health food source:
- Good source of beta-carotene, which is good for the eyes.
- Helps prevent the growth of certain types of cancers.
- It contains high levels of vitamin C, which helps the body in fighting free radicals, thus strengthening the body’s immunity.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, which relieves muscle soreness, giving relief when suffering from inflammation.
- Helps to achieve beautiful and healthy skin, the free radical fighting property is responsible to protect the skin from damage that can make the skin age.
- It is rich in fiber, which can help to relieve constipation.
- Lastly, it can help to treat stomach ulcers, a study revealed that the juice derived from cabbage is one of the most effective natural remedies for people suffering from peptic ulcers.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
Below are recipes that you can try with cabbage:
You may also want to read, this post compilation: Health benefits of fruits, vegetables, seafoods, meats etc.
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.