Essential health benefits of cabbage and must-try recipes
One of the most common type of cabbage is the smooth-leafed, green and firm headed. It can be used in culinary by cooking or in making raw dishes.
Some common methods of cooking cabbage are sauté, soup, stews, steamed, stir-fried, salad, coleslaw, it can be included in sandwiches, also can use as food wrapper for other foods.
Below are the essential health benefits of cabbage according to our health food source:
- Good source of beta-carotene, which is good for the eyes.
- Helps prevent the growth of certain types of cancers.
- It contains high levels of vitamin C, which helps the body in fighting free radicals, thus strengthening the body’s immunity.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, which relieves muscle soreness, giving relief when suffering from inflammation.
- Helps to achieve beautiful and healthy skin, the free radical fighting property is responsible to protect the skin from damage that can make the skin age.
- It is rich in fiber, which can help to relieve constipation.
- Lastly, it can help to treat stomach ulcers, a study revealed that the juice derived from cabbage is one of the most effective natural remedies for people suffering from peptic ulcers.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
Below are recipes that you can try with cabbage:
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…