This recipe was cooked by frying the pork belly first with vegetable oil and then stewed using the same pan by slowly adding the needed ingredients. What makes it unique is the addition of banana blossoms and raisins. This recipe is rich in protein, fiber, potassium and other essential nutrients.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/4 kg pork belly slices
- 2 cups banana blossoms
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a low-medium heat, add vegetable oil and fry the pork belly slices until browned, turn around from time to time, making sure both sides are fried well.
- After frying add the garlic and onion, stir until cook.
- Pour the water, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, black pepper, seasoning mix, and let boil for 30 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Lastly, add the raisins and the banana blossoms, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Please visit, for more easy to make recipes! (Under food category -menu section)
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
Please like/follow our FB page, link below.