No meat, no problem! As this recipe won’t make you sad! The mung beans and veggies will prove to you that they are also capable of fulfilling your cravings! This recipe is rich in fiber, protein, antioxidants etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 cup mung beans (munggo)
- 1 bunch water spinach (kangkong)
- 2 large tomatoes
- Whole green chilies (do not open)
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1 tsp iodized salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- Vegetable oil
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a medium heat, using a pot, add enough water to boil the mung beans, and add iodized salt.
- Set aside after boiling
- In a low medium heat using a frying pan, add vegetable oil and sauté garlic and onion until browned and already smells aromatic.
- Simply add the tomatoes, stir for a few minutes.
- Add the water spinach (kangkong) and gently pour the boiled mung beans, add seasoning mix, black pepper and the fish sauce, stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Simmer for 3 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE
Please like/follow our FB page, link embedded to the logo below.