This vegetable salad recipe was added with shrimp paste which we call here the bagoong alamang, this is a fermented condiment commonly used in our country as addition to recipes, or as a dip for green mangoes (raw). It is primarily made from tiny shrimps added with salt and other spices. It’s available in grocery stores and this one I bought was a garlic flavored one. This flavorful dish is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, antioxidants etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 bunch water spinach
- 4 to 5 pieces tomatoes (slice into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp of shrimp paste (add according to taste) (bagoong alamang)
- Black pepper
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials before cooking to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add enough water and bring to a boil.
- When the water was already boiled, add the water spinach and simmer for less than a minute, then drain.
- Mix the tomato slices, shrimp paste, garlic, onion and ginger in a separate bowl and then combine it with the water spinach.
- Garnish with ground black pepper!
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE
Please like/follow our FB page, link embedded to the logo below.