Shrimp paste veggie salad
This vegetable salad recipe was added with shrimp paste which we call here the bagoong alamang, this is a fermented condiment commonly used in our country as an addition to recipes, or as a dip for green mangoes (raw). It is primarily made from tiny shrimps added with salt and other spices. It’s available in grocery stores and this one I bought was garlic-flavored. This flavorful dish is rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, antioxidants etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good for our health and can bring negative results or bad effects on our bodies. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 bunch water spinach
- 4 to 5 pieces tomatoes (slice into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp of shrimp paste (add according to taste) (bagoong alamang)
- Black pepper
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials before cooking to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add enough water and bring to a boil.
- When the water was already boiled, add the water spinach and simmer for less than a minute, then drain.
- Mix the tomato slices, shrimp paste, garlic, onion and ginger in a separate bowl and then combine it with the water spinach.
- Garnish with ground black pepper!
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient alternatives.