This fried and sautéed combination of fish and veggies, is a practical recipe to used up water spinach (kangkong) stalks or the stem! Some people don’t like the idea of cooking the stalks, wherein it was usually discarded after getting the leaves, but this part is edible! Don’t throw it yet, cook this recipe instead! You just have to trim the hard part (discard), and use the softer part. This recipe is rich in fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 6 pieces mackerel scad (galunggong)
- 6 pieces tomatoes (cut into small sizes)
- 2 cups chopped water spinach (kangkong) stalks
- 30 grams oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- Fry the mackerel scad (galunggong), then set aside.
- In a low medium heat, using the same pan, sauté garlic and onion until browned, and then add the chopped water spinach (kangkong) stalks. Stir until cooked.
- Add the tomato slices, stir to combine and add the ground black pepper, and lastly the oyster sauce.
- Simmer for a few minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE
Please like/follow our FB page, link embedded to the logo below.