Carrots are root vegetables that can be eaten raw or cooked.
As raw food it is good as snack, appetizer, and salad. Cooking methods that you can do with carrots are boiling, steaming, sautéing, roasting, grilling, stir-fries, omelettes, soup, stews, can also be added in baking your favorite bread, muffins, and cookies.
According to our health food source, here are the important health benefits of carrots:
- Has anti-aging properties, contains a high level of beta-carotene that acts as antioxidant. The vitamin A and antioxidant properties protects the skin from sun damage and premature skin aging, leaving a glowing skin.
- Vitamin A in it also assists the liver in flushing out the toxins from the body.
- It may help in cancer prevention, according to studies, it reduces the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
- Helps to improve eyesight, the beta-carotene in it can protect the eyes against macular degeneration and senile cataracts.
- Carrots can help to clean your teeth and mouth, leaving a healthy teeth and gums. It stimulates gums and trigger a lot of saliva, which being alkaline balances out the acid forming and cavity forming bacteria.
- Studies show that carrots which are high in carotenoids helps to lower the risk of heart diseases.
- Regular consumption of carrots also reduces cholesterol levels.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
Recipes that you may try:
You may also want to read, this post compilation: Health benefits of fruits, vegetables, seafoods, meats etc.
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.