This delicious, red, fragrant and sweet fruits when fully ripe are among the most popular berries.
It can be eaten raw and can be used as an ingredient in making salads, ice cream, smoothies, yogurt, shakes, jellies, jams, also in baking such as pies, cakes, and muffins. It can also be added as flavorings to desserts, candies, and other sweet products.
Here are the health benefits of strawberries according to our health food source:
- Rich in fiber, antioxidants, vitamin C, folate.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, contains a good amount of vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and folic acid.
- Have potassium, vitamin K and magnesium that are important for bone health.
- Good for the eyes, helps in proper brain functioning, relief from high blood pressure, arthritis, gout, and heart diseases.
- Contains anti-aging properties
- Can help in weight loss management.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
Recipes that you can try:
You may also want to read, this post compilation: Health benefits of fruits, vegetables, seafoods, meats etc.
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…