Creamy chicken curry in coconut milk
Do you love curried recipes? Then you must try this one! The combination of coconut milk with curry powder made this dish great! Plus the addition of potato, carrot, green pepper, red bell pepper, and other spices contributed to its savory and aromatic smell. This recipe is rich in protein, carbohydrates, fiber, and antioxidants.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good for our health and can bring negative results or bad effects on our bodies. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- You can use up to 1/2 kg chicken meat
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 1 medium-sized potato
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 long green chilies
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup pure coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials before cooking to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- Heat a frying pan, add vegetable oil and sauté garlic, onion and ginger until browned.
- Add the chicken meat, stir for a few minutes, and add black pepper, seasoning mix, and water. Cover and let boil for 30 minutes.
- After that add the curry powder, potato and carrot slices. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Lastly add the bell pepper and the coconut milk. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient alternatives.