Mangoes are also known by many as the king of fruits because of its sweet, delicious, fragrant smell when ripe and the various health benefits it contains that are very essential to our health. It’s a good snack that are practical alternative to junk foods and other unhealthy foods.
Mangoes can be enjoyed on its own without additional seasonings, and they are also a good ingredient in a lot of food recipes like, salads, juices, smoothies, jams, ice cream, cakes, quick breads, and other sweets that can be used as a stuffing or filling for bread- just like one of the example recipe below.
Here are the amazing health benefits of mango fruits according to our health food source:
- Mangoes are rich in fiber that helps in digestion and elimination. It contains an amount of enzymes that help to breakdown protein.
- Helps in weight loss management, it contains vitamin and nutrients that helps you to feel fuller. The fibers in it helps to boost the digestive functioning of the body by burning additional calories.
- It promotes good eyesight, fights dry eyes and prevent night blindness because of the vitamin A it contains.
- Helps you to cool down during summer preventing stroke (make a juice or smoothie out of it, and just add a little water, honey and ice chips). It is very refreshing and a healthy drink to combat the hot weather.
- Mangoes have vitamin C, vitamin A, and carotenoids that helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Rich in glutamine acid (an important protein for concentration and memory).
- It helps to fight cancer, the antioxidants present in mango helps to protect the body against breast, colon, leukemia and prostate cancer.
- Mangoes contain high level of vitamin C, pectin and fibers that helps in lowering cholesterol levels. Also, it’s a rich source of potassium, which helps to control heart rate.
- High in iron content, it’s a good help for people who are suffering in anemia.
- Mangoes are also used as skin cleanser (it is done by applying thinly sliced mangoes and putting it into your face for up to 15 minutes, and after that you should wash your face or take a bath). It helps to unclog your pores and make the face look fresh. You can also use it as a body scrub (just mash a mango, add milk and honey). It helps your skin feel tender and smooth.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
You may also want to read this post compilation Health benefits of fruits, vegetables seafoods, meats etc.
Thank you for taking your time in reading this post! Hope you’d found it helpful and hope you like the simple recipes! Please feel free to drop your comments below! Would love to read all of those! Have a nice day and God bless 💞
Be able to receive our latest post by Email! You can subscribe below…
Keep in touch!
Like/follow Momsotherside in Facebook.