Mines View Park in Baguio City, Philippines
The Mines View Park is just a short drive from the downtown of Baguio City. Located at Mines View Observation Deck, Baguio, Benguet.
Mines View Park is an overlooking area which provides a unique view of Benguet’s mining ground, and the beautiful mountains! It is one of the most visited tourist spot in Baguio City. Every time we visit Baguio we always find time to drop by to this place because the view is nice, and it can provide a good background for photo taking! According to some, the park got its name from the mountain where gold, silver, and copper once explored by local diggers. That view was a mining area before.
What to do in Mines View Park?
- Enjoy the beautiful and breathtaking scenery at the view deck. If you are a nature lover, you will find it very captivating and refreshing.
- Feel the cool and fresh air that the area provides.
- Take a photo of the beautiful nature as remembrance.
- Wear the Igorot clothing and take pictures out of it, (I saw these group of travelers who were enjoying their photo taking moment with the Igorot’s traditional clothing). Take note that there is a fee that you have to pay before using the traditional Igorot’s clothing.
- Buy souvenirs such as wooden crafts, printed clothing, traditional sleepers, soft broom etc. and food products such as strawberry jams, sweetened candies and a lot more that you can take as pasalubong or gifts to your loved ones when you go home.
- If you are a plant lover, you can buy some cute plants that are being sold near the area.
- You can also take a photo together with these two lovely pets! A colorful horse and to this adorable dog. You also need to pay a picture taking fee for each of them.
Mines View Park is a good option to include in your itinerary when visiting Baguio City. Just don’t forget your money to buy some products, cameras, your water bottle, and umbrella in case you happened to visit the place during the rainy season, (June to December).
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any experience or something to share regarding Baguio City, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section.