The advantages and disadvantages of shopping online
This post will tackle about the benefits and the downside of purchasing products through online stores.
Together with the rise of technology, online shopping is also boosting. That’s why a vast majority of people are now choosing this way of buying their needed stuffs. Most of the products that you can buy are clothing, household materials, household essentials, food etc.
Let’s define what is online shopping
This is an action that is being done through electronic or digital communication. That will happen between the buyer and the seller. It enables consumers to buy goods or services using their mobile phones, tablets, or laptops over the internet.
Advantages of online shopping:
- Buying online is convenient and a great way to save you time and effort. You can just spend a few minutes in shopping compared when you are shopping physically at shopping centers, malls or any stores. It doesn’t intervene much of your time. Meaning, you can be able to do your usual tasks or activities at home or at work.
- You can view many products that are of good prices from different stores, you can easily compare them, and you can choose what is suitable or will match your budget.
- You can choose various kinds of products in just one click. Furthermore, you’ll just have to open the online selling platform and choose the categories where the item that you are looking for.
- Not only that, but you can just pick, buy and send items as a form of gift to your loved ones wherever part of the country they are in. Giving gifts even though you are far from that person is already easy.
- You just need to place your order and indicate the address of the recipient who will receive the item.
- There are no physical contact because you’re not going to the store or somewhere else. Therefore, you are free from crowds that may cause some delays on your day, and minimizing your risk to acquiring harmful microorganisms that causes diseases.
- You are not being pressured to buy, and so, you have ample time to think whether you should buy it or not.
- You can use vouchers to lessen the price of the product that you want to buy, or you can exchange it for a free delivery instead.
Though there are many advantages of shopping online, there are also a few disadvantages, like:
- It lessens our physical contact with the outside world.
- It lessens our bodily activities, shopping physically is a great way to involve our body with simple exercises like brisk walking, muscle and bone relaxation.
- Fraud in online shopping and delivery delays. You have to be cautious when purchasing products, specially if it’s your first time to buy to an online shop. Read reviews first regarding the product.
- Furthermore, you can’t be able to see the real quality of the product before buying it.
- You can’t ask for a bargain price because of the lack of interaction to the seller.
- Payment issues and possible hidden costs. So, before purchasing, you have to ensure that the price indicated will be the one that you will pay, and check your virtual receipt before approving the product.
What are user-friendly platforms that you can consider?
Online shopping platforms that you can find low prices and are user-friendly includes Lazada and Shopee. These e-commerce platforms offer an easy, fast and secure way of shopping online. They offer many products that you can buy at the comfort of your home! Plus they also have many perks, vouchers, and games where you can earn free coins that you can use in their platforms. They both offer an e-wallet, where you can pay for the goods that you ordered, or choose to pay when the product arrived to your home.
To start shopping with them, you need to create an account first. You can use my Lazada code or if you choose Shopee you can use my Shopee code instead. It’s a welcome gift that they are giving to their new users for signing up. This is just one way for you to earn free money. You can use it to buy something to their platforms.
Whatever platform you choose, you have to be careful enough when doing a transaction online. You should also show kindness, consideration, and patience!
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
2 thoughts on “The advantages and disadvantages of shopping online”
What a great article! During the pandemic I learned the beauty of shopping online, especially for clothing since dressing rooms were also closed for over a year. I love using the services that provide a stylist for clothing, and the simplicity of sending them back. It’s almost easier than going to a dressing room. Now when I’m out and about and passing a boutique, I won’t even look because shopping online spoiled me. 🙂
Thank you for the appreciation Maryanne!
That’s really true, I also love physical shopping before pandemic, but everything have changed…and we also have to grasp with the new normal situation. Before, I wouldn’t like to explore in online shopping because of the risks, but then I learned that it’s up to us how we transact, and we should choose a platform that is safe, and is convenient for us to use. Now, I could see that online shopping are also beneficial in so many ways😊