Braised pork leg slices
A recipe cooked by browning the meat first in heated oil and then cooking it in liquid. The slow cooking time, and the addition of the spices, makes the meat so tender and savory!
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 kg pork leg
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in 3 tbsp of water)
- 4 cups of water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Clean and wash the pork leg in running water, soak in water for about 30 minutes to remove blood and odor.
- Drain after soaking.
- Heat a frying pan, add a cup of cooking oil and fry the pork leg slices until slightly browned.
- After that remove from the frying pan.
- In a pot, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, onion, black pepper and water.
- Add the pork leg slices and boil for one hour.
- Combine the brown sugar and oyster sauce.
- Boil for another 30 minutes, or until the pork is tender.
- Dissolve the cornstarch with 3 tbsp of water, and pour in the pot to thicken the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading this post! If you love this recipe please don’t hesitate to leave your comment below. Have you tried a recipe similar to this?
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.