When to talk and when to keep silent?
There are days that it feels like a bad day, awful, and unfriendly one.
Some moments seem too awkward, and there are people, things, and circumstances that will test our patience!
But when is the right time to talk and when to keep silent? These are the questions that we need to consider, before taking any action.
- Don’t talk too much with a mean person! A mean person will insult you in any way he/she could. To that person’s eye, you aren’t enough! So, whatever you talk, and how much you wanted to be good to that person, that person would always be hesitant. Instead of engaging with that person, why not do important things that matter in your life?
- Remember not to utter words when you are angry, words when already said can never be reversed or undone, and might cause another conflict.
- Silence is suited when we are angry because there is a possibility that the words we produce in our mouth during an intense emotion are negative. That soon will make us guilty of uttering words we do not want them to hear.
- Talk when you are relaxed and when you are not stressed. A nervous and stressed body and mind could initiate potential problems, such as words that are hurtful and emotionally damaging.
- People sometimes ruin your moment, and will cause you to feel emotionally exhausted, it causes stress that sometimes brings about uncontrolled emotions.
- Remember that most of the mean people are unfulfilled in life. They will put you down, they will not trust whatever you say, such as information and thoughts that you wanted them to know. It’s ok, you don’t need to exert effort on these people, you will just be losing essential time of your life.
- To avoid conflict, learn to control your speed. But take note to speak up if it’s already against the human law and God’s law. Correct them if they are wrong because if you don’t do it, then who will do it for them?
- Be wary if it’s already unhelpful and harmful to you and other people, avoid involving yourself in any of these: slander, deceit, gossiping, quarreling, lying, and other evil works, to achieve a good and healthy mentality.
Remember these related bible verses:
The importance of being quiet:
The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded than the shouts of a ruler or fools.
When you are angry with someone else:
Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on the cause of your anger.
When you are in front of an enemy, or someone who talks about negativities:
Whoever guards his mouth and his tongue keeps him out of trouble.
If someone is having a hard time speaking, and that person is already in a difficult situation, afraid and a victim, be able to speak up for them:
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the rights of the afflicted and oppressed.
Why do you need to keep your silence when listening to advice?
Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future. Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the lord that will stand.
The verse that we need to remember:
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words, you will be condemned.
Thank you so much for reading this post, and if you have time please feel free to leave your comment, or share some of your experiences that are related to this topic in the comment section below…