Cheesy Maja Blanca recipe
Maja Blanca is also known as coconut pudding, it’s a popular Filipino dessert or snack that was commonly made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. In this recipe, I added corn kernels, evaporated milk to balance the taste of the coconut milk, and sprinkled lots of grated cheese!
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good for our health and can bring negative results or bad effects on our bodies. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In low heat using a pot, boil the coconut milk, then add the needed white sugar.
- Pour the corn kernels, then stir for a few minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the evaporated milk, then pour the mixture into the pot.
- Stir it continuously until thickened.
- Transfer to your preferred molding pan, let cool, and allow to settle before serving.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese!
- Your cheesy Maja Blanca is now ready to serve, enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient alternatives.