The wonderful Luneta Park and lessons you can learn from Jose Rizal
The Rizal Park commonly known as Luneta Park is a remarkable historic urban park located in Ermita Manila, Philippines.
According to Wikipedia, it is considered one of the largest urban parks in Asia, covering an area of 58 hectares.
This park serves an important role in the history of the Philippines. The execution of Jose Rizal (The Philippine’s National Hero) happened here on December 30, 1896. They named the park after him in honor of his patriotic act. His monument became the park’s symbolic icon.
Rizal Park is a favorite place for countless tourists, and people who lived nearby. They spend their free time doing leisure activities every weekend or holiday here.
He fought for the Philippines’ freedom through his writings. A silent but a mighty way! He expressed his love and care for the Filipinos and the country through his essays, novels, and articles. Many Filipinos feel motivated and inspired by Rizal to achieve the freedom that each Filipino deserved.
The lessons you can learn from Jose Rizal:
- Have the focus to achieve your dreams in life.
- Time is very essential that we have to give it all and do what we can do at the moment.
- Use your time wisely.
- Learn about selflessness and sacrifice.
- Love your fellows and your country.
- Have the courage and will to do something that can give good benefits for all.
- Truth must always prevail.
- Freedom can be achieved through peaceful means.
What to do in Luneta park?
- Sightseeing and learning about history.
- Photo taking, take a picture with Jose Rizal’s Monument.
- Brisk walking and jogging around the area.
- Picnic activities! Enjoy food with your loved ones while telling stories and while enjoying the spacious area.
Take note: Avoid littering around the park.
Photos were taken from the other side:
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any experience or something to share regarding Rizal Park or Luneta Park, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section.