How to make a responsible decision?
Here are 8 steps that you can follow to make a responsible decision in life.
Deciding for ourselves is a form of a cognitive process wherein it helps you realize the consequences of your action.
There are numerous events and situations in our lives that we need to handle on our own, and one is decision-making. We have to realize that we need to think about the final decision later on, before we take an action, in order not to condemn anyone for the result it may bring.
There are countless factors to be considered that can have an impact on how we make decisions, and it includes governing rules, beliefs in life, emotions, and experiences.
These steps below will help you on how to decide on your own so that you’ll confidently make a responsible decision without asking others to make it for you.
- You have to know the problem. Define the problem, and distinguish if it’s something that you need to solve.
- Look for helpful information that can guide you, such as information from people you trust and other reliable sources.
- List your options. Take enough time to think about the possible ways that you will be going to solve the problem.
- Think about the possible results. Be able to accept that once you decide, you have already made two possible results. Whether positive or negative.
- Make your decision, pick the best solution that will solve the problem that you are facing.
- Take the desired action. Do it on your own!
- Check for the outcome, did the decision you made solve the problem? Did it improve the situation?
- Accept the outcome, and never blame anybody for the result of the action you’ve done.
The most important thing that you achieved from that decision-making process is the experience you gained from it. Maybe positive (you like the outcome) or negative (you aren’t satisfied), and it’s ok because you made it independently, you had proven something for yourself.
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…