Let’s make it simple! This recipe is an easy way to cook your next kare-kare recipe! Instead of making your sauce, you can use the kare-kare mix powder instead. You can buy this at the market, supermarket or in a local food store.
Kare-Kare is a popular Filipino dish that is a stewed style recipe, it is made with rich and tasty peanut sauce.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good for our health and can bring negative results or bad effects on our bodies. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 kg pork leg slices (cleaned)
- 2 large eggplant (sliced)
- 10 pieces string beans (cut into 2 inches long, or you can just knot per piece).
- 1 banana blossom (cleaned)
- 1 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 12 cups of water
- 60g kare-kare mix powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in 1/8 cup water)
- Shrimp paste
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare the needed ingredients and materials.
- Heat a large pot and pour 6 cups of water. Add garlic and onion slices, sprinkle 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp iodized salt, and 1 tsp seasoning mix.
- Boil for 1 hour, or until the pork leg is tender.
- Drain the pork leg, and transfer to a plate.
- Using another pot, add vegetable oil and sauté garlic and onion.
- Stir for a few minutes until browned. Add the drained pork leg.
- Add 6 cups of water, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp iodized salt, and mix the kare-kare powder. Boil for 20 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, pour the dissolved cornstarch and wait for the sauce to thicken. It will only take a few minutes.
- Serve with shrimp paste, enjoy!
Thank you for reading this post, and hope you like this simple recipe! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
Here is a post compilation of easy recipes that you can prepare at home: Recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.