Helpful ways to consider in planning your best year ahead
There is no such thing as a perfect year. Because we cannot control everything. What we can control instead are our ways of dealing with everything. And planning our year is a great starting point to make it the way we like it.
But always remember to plan with a purpose. Ask yourself! What am I planning for? Is this will make me happy? Can this will bring happiness to my life?
Then, consider these in planning your best year:
- Make a reflection about the past. You have to assess the past year for you to have a starting point. Did you achieve your goals for the past year? If not, is there a reason for you to fulfill or continue it this year? Then make it!
- Learn to let go. You have to let go of your emotional and intellectual attachment to things, experiences, situations, and even to people who only give you negative feelings. Declutter your life by changing your bad habits with the good ones. And declutter your surroundings. Throw or give away things that you don’t need anymore, especially the things that don’t bring you joy already.
- Define what you want and need. It helps you focus on your goals that could bring the success that you are longing for.
- Find your reason, answer your own why’s! Consider looking into your passion and talents that are an important part of this.
- Set your yearly goals, and make them smart. If we say smart it should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bounded. This is a good baseline in completing your goals.
- Use a planner so that you know what to do, it will guide you as you go along with your life goals.
- Improve your abilities, you have numerous talents. You can do many things, trust yourself and explore them!
- Make a bucket list. These are the things that you want to do, for pleasure and fun. Achieving it will make you feel that priceless joy within.
- Assess your progress each month. Extend an effort to the things you feel like you’re slow.
Thank you for reading this post! Please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts regarding this topic in the comment section.