There is no such thing as a perfect year. Because we cannot control everything. What we can control is our ways on how to deal with everything. And planning our year ahead is a great starting point to make it the way we like it.
But always remember to plan with a purpose. Ask yourself! What am I planning for? Is this will make me happy? Can this will bring happiness in my life?
Then, consider these in planning your best year ahead:
- Make a reflection about the past. You have to assess the past year for you to have a starting point. Did you achieve your goals for the past year? If not, is there a reason for you to fulfill or continue it this year? Then make it!
- Learn to let go. You have to let go of your emotional and intellectual attachment to things, experiences, situations, and even to people who only gives you negative feelings. Declutter your life by changing your bad habits with the good ones. And declutter your surroundings. Throw or give away things that you don’t need anymore, specially the things that doesn’t bring you joy already.
- Define what you really want and need. It helps you focus on your goals that could bring the success that you are longing for.
- Find your reason, answer your why’s! Consider looking into your passion and talents that are an important part of this.
- Set your yearly goals, and make it smart. If we say smart it should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bounded. This is a good baseline in completing your goals.
- Use a planner so that you know what to do, it will guide you as you go along with your life goals.
- Improve your abilities, you have numerous talents. You can do many things, trust yourself and explore it!
- Make a bucket list. These are the things that you want to do, for pleasure and fun. Achieving it will make you feel that priceless joy within.
- Assess your progress each month. Extend an effort to the things you feel like you’re slow.
Thank you for reading this post! Please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts regarding this topic in the comment section.
Continue your journey in finding ways to improve yourself:
You may also want to read this post compilation of self-development.
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.