A new year’s resolution is a way in which an individual will continue to do good practices, and will make a promise to change an undesirable trait or personality.
It helps us to promote self-confidence, and it empowers us if we were able to accomplish and follow through the goals that we planned. Before making your new year’s resolution, make it sure that your mind is ready to focus on what you want to achieve, and be able to make it. Occasionally, we don’t achieve some of our new year’s resolutions because we aren’t ready for the change that we really wanted.
Examples of new year’s resolutions are as follows:
- Drinking more water and eating nutritious foods.
- Taking care of your body.
- Smiling, laughing or choosing positivity.
- Cutting out excessive sugary and fatty foods.
- Being more active every day.
- Managing sleep and routine.
- Spending more time with the family.
- Lesser time on social media, and negative news.
- Taking more photos and spending more time in creating good memories.
- Listening to music.
- Reading books
- Learning new skills.
- Starting a hobby.
- Saving the environment.
- Keeping a clean house.
- Organizing important documents.
- Deleting unhelpful E-mails and messages.
- Planning healthy meals.
- Cooking new recipes.
- Sharing knowledge to other people.
- Using vouchers and cashback in grocery and online shopping.
- Being mindful of expenses.
- Exercising at least 30 minutes every day.
- Avoid doing things that can put your health at risk.
- Giving compliments and offering kindness to everyone.
- Avoiding procrastination.
- Being thankful every day.
How to follow through your New Year’s resolutions?
- Make a plan
- Be realistic
- Take it seriously but don’t stress yourself.
- Encourage yourself that you can make it.
- Track your progress
- Reward yourself for every achievement that you can make.
Additionally, to be able to make your new year’s resolutions a success, you also have to think if it’s attainable, if it corresponds with your ability, situation and your specified resources.
In conclusion, New Year’s resolutions are a great way to improve ourselves. It signifies a desire to at least take a step forward towards a change, whether we achieve all the resolutions that we make or not.
Thank you for reading this post! Please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts regarding this topic in the comment section.
Continue your journey in finding ways to improve yourself:
You may also want to read this post compilation of self-development.
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.