Spiritual well-being is our ability to achieve a meaningful and purposeful life. It’s all about our relationship with our inner self and the wider world.
Activities that can help us with achieving spiritual health:
- Practicing self-care
- Showing gratitude
- Having a positive outlook on life
- Being optimistic
- Volunteering/helping the community or society genuinely.
- Connecting to other people, and your faith community
- Doing yoga and meditation
- Spending time with nature
- Doing hobbies that can bring you priceless joy
- Traveling and connecting with nature
- Proper lifestyle
What to check with your spiritual well-being?
- Check whether you are in a balanced state of life. Meaning you can manage to handle your positive and negative emotions.
- Check how you face or solve every challenge that you are going through.
- Check whether you are living the life you want for yourself.
- Check your values, beliefs, morals, and personality.
How to say that you’re spiritually healthy?
- You are spiritually healthy if you know your purpose in life.
- You have a clear direction to where you should go.
- You can accept and respect others’ opinions, even if it’s not the same as yours.
- You choose to be positive even though you’re facing challenges in life.
- You can face your fears
- You understand the mysteries of life and how you should act on it.
- You can appreciate simple and tiny details that you can’t even appreciate before. For example, the smile of a happy child, the happiness in an old person’s eye, the rays of the sun, the pouring rain, the calming moon, and the sparkling stars.
Spiritual well-being helps you to become a better person.
- It helps you to become compassionate
- It makes you more loving and forgiving
- It helps you to find joy and fulfillment even in the simplest thing around.
- Relieves you from material dependency that would only ruin true happiness.
- Helps you to understand why you are here on Earth.
- Helps you to cope with changes or uncertainties in life.
- Strengthens your self-control and self-discipline.
Other areas that you must also check are your emotional well-being, physical well-being, social well-being, and mental or intellectual well-being.
Thank you so much for reading! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section. If you found this post helpful, please don’t forget to share it with other people!
Continue your journey in finding ways to improve your health and wellness:
You may also want to read this post compilation of Health, wellness, tips.