Sweetened pork and veggies
This dish is a good way to get into that sweet mealtime with your loved ones!
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good for our health and can bring negative results or bad effects on our bodies. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/2 kg pork meat (cut into cubes)
- 1 large bell pepper (cut vertically)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large potato
- 2 small-sized onions (one is used to sauté, and the other one should be cut into rings used when the dish is already cooked).
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp of ground ginger
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 to 3 cups of water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In medium heat using a frying pan, add vegetable oil and sauté the ginger, garlic, and onion slices.
- Add the pork meat cubes, stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- After that remove the cover, add the seasoning mix and ground black pepper, then stir.
- Add water, cover and boil for 30 minutes.
- When the meat is already tender, you can already add the carrot and potato slices. Cover for another 10 minutes.
- After that, add the 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, and the bell pepper slices.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes (let the pan be uncovered).
- Sprinkle the onion rings on top.
- Serve and enjoy your sweetened pork and veggies with the whole family!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient alternatives.
Here is a post compilation of easy recipes that you can prepare at home: Recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Visit us for more!
4 thoughts on “Sweetened pork and veggies”
Thank you so much, Helen!
Glad you like it 💞
I think this will work with tofu as well! 🙂 Looks delicious!
Thank you 💞