How to turn a negative mindset into a positive mindset?
Have you ever wished not to have negative thoughts at all? Are you tired of absorbing negativity around you? Well, this post will help you turn the negative mindset that you have now into a positive mindset that will be going to help you navigate your life in the right direction. Every one of us experiences negative thoughts from time to time, this is due to the numerous factors that are present around us.
Now, let’s move into turning your negative thoughts into positive thoughts:
1. Instead of telling I can’t do this, tell yourself that you can do it!
- Most of our failures in life are brought by our self-doubt. Telling that you can’t do a certain thing will most likely bring you nothing. Your perception and the way you view things for yourself can greatly impact how things will going to happen. Likewise, if you tell yourself that you can do it, you’ll likely achieve something, and your strong self-assurance will bring you to action.
2. Instead of telling yourself I don’t know, tell yourself I’ll find it.
- While it’s true that we don’t know all the answers that life wants us to learn, we have all the will to find them for ourselves, how? By learning it, observing it, and doing it. You can learn by reading books, articles, and inspiring journals, you can use your observation skills to learn from other people, and you can find all the answers that running in your head if you give yourself a chance. A chance to explore the world with something worth living for.
3. Instead of telling yourself that it’s unfair and it’s too hard, tell yourself that it’s a challenge you have to conquer.
- One thing that makes us stuck is that we treat problems as punishment, we see problems as unfair, and we feel that challenges are hardships that makes our life miserable. But if we treat problems as a way for us to grow and see problems as a challenge that we have to conquer then everything will come to its place. You aren’t just the person who is facing challenges, disappointments and misfortune so don’t be hard on yourself.
4. Instead of telling yourself that you’re worried and you might fail, tell yourself I’m curious about what will happen and I will try.
- Our worries can affect our confidence, and low confidence drags our courage to take a step. A small step each day can build us one day at a time. No stepping back because it will just consume you little by little. Failures aren’t a reason to be fearful of everything, it might be painful but it’s a driving force that there is success above all of those circumstances. Just be willing to continue and enhance your abilities, learn from all the mistakes that brought some failures in your life, and strengthen yourself enough for the battle of life.
5. Instead of telling yourself that you’re not good at something, tell yourself that you can get better.
- Always remember this, there’s nothing that you can’t learn if you are just willing to put an effort into it. Where do those successful people start? Where do those brilliant people start? They started from scratch, they started learning how to make it, and they started by believing that they can do it one day!
6. Instead of telling yourself that you’re not yet ready because you need to find out more, remind yourself that there’s no better time than now.
- Procrastination is one of the distractions that can contribute to our unproductive life. Don’t be a victim of “I can do it later” because time won’t wait for you. We can’t take back time as much as all of us wanted. Laziness can make us stuck and it consumes the days that we should be doing something to improve ourselves.
7. Instead of telling yourself that you are too old of doing something, tell yourself it’s never too late.
- Yes! Age isn’t a hindrance to achieving the dreams that you wanted in life. Take it as a strength because you’re mature enough to take on the goals that you wanted. The more you age the better your understanding of the complexity of life here on Earth. You are more courageous to take risks because you are already capable to value every detail of life.
Having a negative mindset can consume our hope and dreams if we don’t do ways to fix our thoughts and actions. The list above can help you turn those negative thoughts into positive thoughts and be able to have that mindset that will guide you to become a better version of yourself.
Visit us for more!
Receive our latest content directly to your inbox.
By joining our list, you agree to receive an email each time we publish a new post. You may unsubscribe at any time.
I so needed to read this during such a time as this. Thank you so much for sharing! I really appreciate it!