Read each item and guess who said them. Flip the card to reveal the answer.
This exercise can help you learn inspirational and motivational words that can empower you and can give you the wisdom to get your focus back in life.
1. The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving.
Oliver Wendel Holmes
2. The best General is the one who never fights.
3. There are two educations, one should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live.
4. Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts.
5. Instruction does much, but encouragement does everything.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
6. I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
7. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
8. Always do right that will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest.
9. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.
10. It’s better to light the candle than to curse the darkness.
11. Caring is the essence of nursing.
12. None of us is as smart as all of us.
13. Justice is better when it prevents rather than punishes with severity.
14. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.
15. The real art of communication is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
16. No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
17. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
18. There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference.
W. Clement Stone
19. You, yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
20. Hardships often prepare people for an extraordinary destiny.
21. From what we get, we make a living; what we give however, makes a life.
22. What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
Sir John Lubbock
23. Nothing will work unless you do.
24. There’s nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
25. Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
26. I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.
27. The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
28. Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
29. Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.
Anthony J.D Angelo
30. An open enemy is better than a false friend.
31. Learning is a treasure that will follow it’s owner everywhere.
32. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
33. If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion, for passion will lead you right into your purpose.
Bishop T.D Jakes, Evangelist
34. To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.
36. If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving.
Martin Luther King, Jr
37. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.
38. The only way to predict the future is to have power to shape the future.
39. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
40. Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle.
41. We must believe that we are gifted with something, and that this something, at whatever cost, must be attained.
42. The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.
43. Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts.
44. Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your presence felt.
Grace Lichtenstein, Author
45. Fill your mind with truth. Fill your heart with love. Fill your life with service.
Vaughn J. Featherstone, American missionary
46. You have brain in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
47. Success comes to those who are too busy to look for it.
Henry David Thoreau
48. Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.
49. Your profession is what you were put on Earth to do with such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling.
Vincent Van Gogh
50. It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing.