Being nice is a pleasant thing that will give you fulfillment and will bring numerous benefits to your body. But the question is do you consider yourself a good person? A good person will do what is right and what is acceptable. But of course, it should always be beyond control. A problem will occur if you do it too much!
What does it mean by being too nice?
- People are already manipulating you.
- You are already being abused for your kindness and generosity.
- You already have a guilt feeling regarding telling someone that they hurt you, and as a result, you prefer not to react to avoid losing them.
- Furthermore, you keep worrying about being liked by someone or everyone else.
- You’re becoming the so-called people pleaser.
- You are already acting like buying friends or people to come into your life, that’s why you’re giving whatever they wanted.
Signs of a people pleaser:
- You always agree, and you apologize too much.
- Always double-check every detail to avoid missing out.
- You are too affected by someone’s feelings and emotions.
- You’re becoming overly humble.
- Imitating actions just to fit with other people.
- You always agree and say yes, even you’re not amenable.
- You love to be liked by everyone, even to those you don’t like.
- Telling white lies just to impress somebody.
Remember that being too nice could bring some self-neglect, you are already neglecting the things that matter in your life because you are busy providing everyone’s needs and wants, that they should do and find a way out themselves.
Note: You’re not responsible for anyone’s feelings and emotions.
Here are bad things that might happen if you’re too nice:
- Being too nice can also affect you.
- If you are always giving, some people will be used to it, and they will expect that from you always.
- You will develop false expectations from other people.
- Some people will come to you whenever they need something.
- You will develop a fear of rejection and will have difficulty accepting judgment.
- Being too nice can lead you to self-crisis. What does this mean? Being present in someone else lives all the time contributes to losing the sense of who you are.
What can you do about it?
- Do what makes you feel good, build yourself.
- Give yourself time.
- Identify your goals and make them happen.
- Avoid toxic and negative people.
- Stop overthinking, and overanalyzing every situation.
Thank you so much for reading! Please share your thoughts regarding this post, and consider answering this: Do you have any experience regarding this topic? What have you done about it? Share them in the comment section…